Data Security Policy:
JM Academy Football Club takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to maintaining your privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Our Data Security Policy explains our commitment to data protection and the use of your information in providing you with the services and information that you require.
This policy explains how JM Academy will treat the personal information that you provide to us, either when using our website or in other circumstances when we collect data from you (including email).
1. The information you provide and how we use your data
At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally, this information is requested when you register to use our website, purchase items, email enquiries, contributions or your views to JM Academy.
– If you choose to register to use our website or subscribe to updates on the website we may ask for information such as your name, date of birth, email address and contact details (personal information). We will use this information to administer your user account with us and so that we can tailor and improve the services we offer to you.
– If you choose to give us personal information via the internet (for example in the course of registring your child with us) it will be clear how we will use such information. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you we will respect your wishes.
– Where you have consented to us sending you information we may also use your data for marketing purposes. This may be information that we think may be of interest to you, information about other organisations’ goods and services that we think may be of interest to you.
– JM Academy may disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
– We DO NOT store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
JM Academy will not, however, sell or lease your Personal Information to third parties not associated with the club in the Community, its partners, sponsors and affiliates. If you do not wish to receive marketing and promotional communications from us or our partners, sponsors and affiliates you can choose to opt out when providing your personal information when registering with JM Academy.
2. How we protect your information
We understand that the security of your personal information is important to you. When handling personal information, security is paramount and we take appropriate measure to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. However, the nature of the internet is such that the data may in some circumstances flow over networks without full security measures and could be accessible to unauthorised people.
JM Academy will take all reasonable steps to ensure that unauthorised staff and other individuals are prevented from gaining access to your personal data. We will:
– Ensure visitors are received and supervised at all times in areas where personal data is stored.
– Ensure computer systems containing personal data are password protected.
– Make sure that staff know that passwords must be treated as private to the individual and must not be disclosed to others.
– Ensure that only those who need to use the data have access.
– Tell staff to exercise caution in what is sent via email and to whom it is sent, and to only transmit personal data by email where agreed compatible security arrangements are in place with partners.
– Provide the means to securely dispose of information (electronic and on paper).
– Ensure that paper files are stored in secure locations and only accessed by those who need to use them.
3. Disclosure for law enforcement purposes
JM Academy FC reserves the right to access and disclose personal information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or others. We may attempt to obtain the prior consent of the individual before disclosing the personal information, but it has no obligation to do so.
It may be necessary for us to transfer your information to countries outside the European Union which do not provide the same level of protection as the UK. If we for any reason need to do so we will make sure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement, the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable data protection laws so that your personal data is kept secure.
4. Children using the website
The Football Club is a general audience website. However, we understand that children may visit www.jmacademy.co.uk and would encourage all people under 13 to talk with their parents or legal guardians before submitting any information to this website, or indeed any other website. However, JM Academy believes that ultimately it is the responsibility of parents or legal guardians to supervise children when online and recommends that parental control tools be put in place.
No information collected from anyone under the age of 18 will be used for any marketing or promotional purposes. If, in the future, JM Academy actively collects personal information from children, it will do so in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998.
5. Access to your information
Data protection law gives you various rights including the right to access the personal information that is held about you. In order to do this, please make a written application to the club and hand it to Jordan Moffett. JM Academy may require you to provide verification of your identity and to pay an administrative fee of £10 to provide a copy of the information that it holds.
Please note that in certain circumstances JM Academy may withhold access to your information where it has the right to do so under current data protection legislation. You can also request at any time that the personal information we hold about you is updated or corrected.
6. Changes to this policy
Any changes will take effect once the revised policy is published on our website. We will of course notify you of any changes where we are required to do so. Please refer to this policy each time you submit your personal information.
To be updated on February 2020